Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Composing in Iraq

I've returned from my hellish travels abroad. One might be inclined to believe that an Iraqi winter is a mild experience in contrast with Iraqi summers, but though the temperatures moderate considerably, the monsoon season turns everything that isn't paved into a soupy morass. In short it was a miserable experience, except for the wonderful friends I made and the terrific Cuban puros I indulged in. I won't even discuss the mortar attacks; some things are better left unsaid.

So we smoked a lot of cigars to pass the time (there are few better pastimes). I've been accepted for graduate school funding; now I must get accepted to graduate school. Let's hope all goes well.

I wrote a lot of music in Iraq, but I'm not sure when I'll publish it. Everything comes down to time.

No comments: